For a sweet and spicy dinner look no further than our recipe for pork chops with peach preserves. We add a little cayenne and some apple cider vinegar to peach jam for a punchy glaze that’s anything but boring. Be sure to pat the pork drops dry thoroughly before searing to ensure a golden brown finish.
Sweet and Spicy Peach Pork Chops
- 2 (7 oz) pork chops, vacuum sealed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 large scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 2 tbsp peach jam
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1) Place pork chops in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 140°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) While the pork cooks, stir peach jam, cayenne pepper, and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl; set aside.
3) After the pork has finished cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet of high heat until just smoking. Add the pork chops and sear 1-2 minutes per side until well browned. Reduce heat to low and transfer pork to a cutting board.
4) Add scallion whites to skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Whisk in reserved peach mixture, bring to a boil, and then remove from heat.
5) Divide pork chops between plates and glaze with peach mixture. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 380, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 18g, Total Sodium 360mg, Total Protein 41g