Take your tofu bowl to the next level with this ultra delicious miso tahini sauce. Roasting the tofu caramelizes the sauce, creating a crisp crust on top of the soft tofu. Served with fluffy white rice and crunchy cucumber, this meal is the perfect weeknight meal. Note that this recipe requires Suvie 2.0 and the Suvie Starch Cooker.
Tahini Miso Tofu Bowls
- 1 (15 oz) block firm tofu, blotted dry
- 2 tbsp red miso
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 small cucumber, cubed
- 2 lime wedges
1) Cut tofu into 1/2-inch planks and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set a Suvie roasting rack in a Suvie pan and mist lightly with cooking spray. Place tofu on roasting rack.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp red miso, 3 tbsp tahini, and 2 tbsp warm water until smooth (add additional water as needed). Drizzle half the mixture over the tofu and insert pan into top of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: None
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
3) Select “Cook” on the main screen of the Suvie Starch Cooker and select “Rice”. Select jasmine rice from the options listed. Pour 1 cup jasmine rice into the Suvie rice pot with ¼ tsp kosher salt. Place the pot lid on top of the pot.
4) Lift the door to the Suvie Starch Cooker, place the pot on the hot plate, ensuring the pot is centered, and then close the door. Fill the water reservoir located on the top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the line indicated on the display screen. Ensure the drain tray is in place and select “Cook” or “Schedule”.
5) After the tofu is done cooking, remove from Suvie. Divide rice between bowls. Top rice with tofu and drizzle with extra miso tahini sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Season chopped cucumber with salt and divide between bowls. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 400, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 68g, Total Sodium 640mg, Total Protein 18g.