Tamagoyaki is a type of salty-sweet Japanese omelet typically made in a rectangular pan. Suvie’s pans are the ideal shape for replicating traditional tamagoyaki and sous viding the eggs ensuring they are tender and perfectly cooked. Some tamagoyaki recipes include sheets of nori, which can be added on top of the raw egg before placing in the Suvie. These delicious little rolls can be eaten on their own or served on top of sushi rice.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp dashi or water
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
1) In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, dashi, sugar, soy sauce, and mirin until smooth.
2) Spray two Suvie pans thoroughly with cooking spray. Divide egg mixture between both pans and place pans in Suvie.
3) Input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 15 minutes
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Starting on short side of pan, roll one egg sheet up into a spiral.
5) Transfer rolled egg to other pan on top of the other egg rectangle and roll up.
6) Remove egg from pan, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 100, Total Fat 5g, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Total Sodium 280mg, Total Protein 7g