This super flavorful meal will leave you saying…takeout, who? Ground beef, red bell peppers, and carrots are slow cooked in a mix of fish sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and ginger; a bright and tasty combination of ingredients. After the cook, the beef and veggies are served over perfectly cooked jasmine rice and generously garnished with fresh basil and lime wedges. If you’re looking for an alternative to the ground beef in this recipe, feel free to substitute ground turkey or a vegan ground meat alternative.
Thai Basil Beef with Jasmine Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime, sliced or cut into wedges
1) Crumble ground beef into one of your Suvie pans. Place bell pepper and carrots in another Suvie pan. In a small bowl, whisk together fish sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and ginger.
2) Spoon sauce over the ground beef and vegetables. Place the pans in the top two zones of your Suvie. Place rice into the starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 1 hour
Starch: 15 minutes
3) After the cook, remove rice from your Suvie and fluff with a fork, remove the veggies and set aside. Broil ground beef for 10 minutes or until golden brown, then stir with a fork, breaking any large crumbles.
4) Divide rice between 2 bowls and top with beef and vegetables. Garnish bowls with basil leaves and lime wedges before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 834, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 92g, Total Sodium 1662mg, Total Protein 77g.