Give yourself a tasty break with this healthy and simple Thailand inspired dish. All of the slaw ingredients are quickly prepared using a grater and bring a tart brightness to the creamy, spice-filled coconut sauce. However, the omega-3 packed salmon steals the show with its luxuriously flaky and moist texture. Top it all off with crunchy crushed peanuts and add as much fire as you like with red pepper flakes. Keep it simple and check out our pre-seasoned vacuum-packed salmon fillets and sauces in our protein box!
Thai Coconut Salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 packet Kevins Thai coconut sauce
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Season salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste, then vacuum seal (here’s our DIY vacuum sealing guide). Place in a Suvie pan and load into upper right cooking zone. Cover with water.
2) Add jasmine rice and 2 tsp salt to the starch pan and load into bottom right zone.
3) Place sauce packet in sauce warming pan and load into bottom left zone.
4) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130 degrees, 45 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
5) During the cook, prepare the slaw. Combine red cabbage, apple, and carrot in a large bowl. Dress with lime juice and honey, stir to incorporate Season with salt and pepper and place in the fridge until the cook is finished.
6) After the cook, remove salmon from Suvie pan; pat pan and salmon dry, and return salmon to pan. Add sauce to pan and broil in Suvie for 10 minutes.
7) After the broil, remove salmon and rice from Suvie. Divide rice and slaw between plates, top with salmon fillets and coconut sauce. Garnish with scallions, crushed peanuts, and red pepper flakes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 687, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 76g, Total Sodium 154mg, Total Protein 35g