Give yourself a tasty break with this healthy and simple Thai-inspired dish. All of the slaw ingredients are easily prepared using a box grater and bring a tart brightness to the creamy, spice-filled coconut sauce. We think, however, the omega-3 packed salmon steals the show with its luxuriously flaky and moist texture. Top everything off with crunchy crushed peanuts and add as much fire as you like with red pepper flakes. You can purchase the Thai coconut sauce directly from Suvie here.
Thai Coconut Salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 7 oz Thai coconut sauce
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Season salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then vacuum seal. Place sealed salmon in a Suvie pan, cover completely with water, and load into the bottom cooking zone.
2) Place 7 oz Thai curry sauce in a second Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the top cooking zone. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 45 minutes
3) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles), cover with lid, and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 cup
4) During the cook, prepare the slaw. Combine red cabbage, apple, and carrot in a large bowl. Dress with lime juice and honey, stirring to incorporate Season with salt and pepper to taste, and place in the fridge until the cook is finished.
5) After the cook, remove salmon from Suvie pan; pat pan and salmon dry, and return salmon to pan. Add Thai curry sauce to pan and broil in Suvie for 10 minutes.
6) Remove salmon and rice from Suvie. Divide rice and slaw between plates, top with salmon fillets and coconut sauce. Garnish with scallions, crushed peanuts, and red pepper flakes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 687, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 76g, Total Sodium 154mg, Total Protein 35g