This entree salad has a variety of textures, temperatures, and flavors to keep things interesting. To make this dish we only use a sheet-pan and a large bowl to cut down on your dish washing. We love this recipe not only for its streamlined process, but also for its sweet artichokes, savory salmon, slightly bitter radicchio, and crisp arugula. Suvie’s own wild Alaskan salmon filets are pre-portioned and an ideal choice for this recipe. A simple vinaigrette ties it all together; if desired, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, cider vinegar, or rice wine vinegar can be substituted for the white wine vinegar.
Warm Arugula Salad with Roasted Salmon and Artichokes
- 2 (4 oz) salmon filets
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- 1 (14.5 oz) can artichokes, drained
- ½ head radicchio, torn into large pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
1) Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450°F. Pat salmon filets dry and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Season each filet generously with kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
2) In a large bowl, toss artichokes and radicchio with oregano, 1 tsp olive oil, and ½ tsp salt. Arrange salmon filets on one end of a rimmed baking sheet and artichokes and radicchio on the other; save bowl. Roast salmon for 7 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily and registers 125°F with an instant-read thermometer.
3) While the salmon roasts, divide arugula between two plates. In the now-empty bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, white wine vinegar, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper.
4) Arrange salmon, artichokes, and radicchio on top of arugula and drizzle with reserved dressing.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 380, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Total Sodium 1570mg, Total Protein 28g