For a delicious dinner with minimal prep time, try our recipe for white wine braised chicken thighs. Thinly sliced shallot, whole garlic cloves, and bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs slow cook for over five hours until tender and juicy. We add just enough liquid to cook the chicken evenly without totally submerging each thigh. This arrangement allows the skin to crisp when broiling. If your chicken thighs are smaller, transfer them to a clean, dry Suvie pan before broiling to ensure even browning.
White Wine Braised Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1) Pat chicken thighs dry and season generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Spread sliced shallots in an even layer in a Suvie pan and place chicken thighs and garlic on top. Pour white wine and chicken broth around the thighs. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 4 hours
2) After the cook, broil chicken for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
3) Remove chicken from Suvie and divide between plates. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 3g, Total Sodium 450mg, Total Protein 29g