Using yogurt as a marinade is a classic method that yields juicy chicken with little effort. Sauteing garlic and spices in olive oil and adding the mixture to the yogurt pumps up the flavor of the marinade. While the yogurt lends its own tang to the chicken, an extra squeeze of lemon juice just before serving really makes this dish pop.
Yogurt Marinated Garlic Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 lemon wedges
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, mint, dill, or a mix
1) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic cloves, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, and ½ tsp ground black pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Transfer mixture to a large, heat-proof bowl.
2) Whisk 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp salt, and ½ cup Greek yogurt to the bowl with the garlic mixture. Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat. Transfer chicken and marinade to a Suvie pan and refrigerate in Suvie or a refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
3) Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie (if in the refrigerator), input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) After cooking, transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with lemon wedges and ½ cup herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 760mg, Total Protein 36g.