Za’atar is a Middle Eastern herb blend consisting of sumac, thyme, sesame seeds, and other herbs and spices such as oregano, coriander, and cumin. Za’atar has a fresh, citrusy flavor that pairs nicely with lemon. In this easy recipe we let the bright citrus flavors of za’atar and lemon shine on crisp asparagus spears and succulent chicken.
Za'atar Chicken with Asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 2 (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 6 oz asparagus, ends trimmed
1) Cut half the lemon into thin slices and juice the other lemon half into a small bowl. Rub chicken all over with 1 tsp vegetable oil and season with za’atar, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper.
2) Arrange lemon slices over the bottom of a Suvie pan. Arrange chicken on top of the lemon slices and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Rub asparagus all over with remaining vegetable oil and season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Place asparagus in a second Suvie pan; place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 10 minutes
4) After cooking, transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 4 minutes. Divide asparagus between plates and season with reserved lemon juice. Cut chicken into slices and divide between plates. Garnish with additional za’atar if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 3g, Total Sodium 1050mg, Total Protein 44g