This vegetable-forward meal is summer in a bowl. Thinly sliced zucchini and red onion are roasted until tender and then folded into toothsome gemelli pasta (substitute your favorite pasta if you can’t find gemelli). A simple mixture of ricotta, basil, and lemon zest make up the sauce for this delicious dish.
Zucchini Basil Pasta
- 10 oz gemelli pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup full fat ricotta
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
1) Place 10 oz gemelli pasta and 2 tsp kosher salt in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
2) Divide 2 tbsp olive oil,1 lb zucchini, 1 small onion, and 2 garlic cloves between 2 Suvie pans. Season both pans with a pinch of salt. Place pans in Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
3) In a large bowl, stir together ½ cup ricotta, ½ tsp lemon zest, 1 pinch red pepper flakes, ½ tsp salt, and 1 cup chopped basil leaves.
4) Remove gemelli from the Suvie Starch Cooker, reserving cooking liquid in the bottom of the pot. Transfer gemelli and ¼ cup cooking liquid to the bowl with the ricotta. Add the vegetables and any oil from the pan, stirring to incorporate. Divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 57g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 15g.