Abundantly creamy and generously chunky, this bowl of warmth is the perfect dish to help you settle into the cooler fall weather. Zuppa Toscana literally translates to “Tuscan Soup”, and we’ve made this version our own by adding mushrooms and substituting spinach for the usual kale. Add a side of crusty artisan bread to help soak up every last drop!
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 3” red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ¼” thick slices
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cups spinach, lightly packed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Divide Italian sausages between two Suvie pans and break up with spatula.
2) Split onion, garlic, broth, potatoes, mushrooms, spinach and heavy cream between pans.
3) Stir gently with a spatula to mix ingredients, being careful to keep meat chunky. Load into upper Suvie zones.
4) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook
Slow Cook: Low, 8 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and stir with a spatula to incorporate.
6) To serve, split soup between bowls, top with cheese, and garnish with red pepper flakes.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- Add Italian sausage to slow cooker and break up with spatula. Place onion, garlic, broth, potatoes, mushrooms, spinach and heavy cream in slow cooker and stir gently to mix ingredients, being careful to keep meat chunky.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- To serve, split soup between bowls, top with cheese, and garnish with red pepper flakes.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 363, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Total Sodium 1301mg, Total Protein 22g