No-fuss phyllo shells add the perfect amount of crunch and compliment the creamy almond filling in these party-ready and totally poppable tartlets. Fresh apricots lay nestled in sweet and nutty frangipane for a quick take on a pastry classic. And to add a pop of color and a hint of acidity, we snuck in a layer of raspberry jam similar to that found in a bakewell tart. Freeze the leftover frangipane filling for up to 3 months, and when you’re ready to use it for more tartlets later on, simply let it come up to room temperature.
Apricot & Frangipane Tartlets
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 15 phyllo dough tart shells
- 1 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 apricot, pitted and cut into eight slices then in half across each slice
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp sugar, and a pinch of salt on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 1 egg and ½ tsp almond extract to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup almond flour to the bowl and mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Transfer the frangipane to a plastic bag or piping bag and cut off the corner of the bag.
2) Spread ¼ tsp raspberry jam into each phyllo shell.
3) On top of the raspberry jam, pipe ½ tbsp frangipane and spread it lightly to the edge of the shell. Place 1 piece of apricot on each tartlet and lightly press the apricot into the frangipane.
4) Place the tartlets in two Suvie pans and place the pans in your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
5) Once the tartlets have finished baking, microwave 1 tbsp apricot jam for 15 seconds and brush the top of each tartlet with the warmed apricot jam. To serve, divide tartlets between plates and garnish with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information per serving (7 servings per recipe): Calories 308, Total Fat 22.1g, Total Carbohydrates 24.3g, Total Sodium 193.7mg, Total Protein 4.3g