Whether you’re trying to eat more whole foods or maybe you’re just out of brownie mix, these decadent and ultra-chocolatey brownies have you covered. These beauties are full of healthy fats as we’ve used almond butter and ripe avocado in place of butter or oil, and we’ve also subbed in almond flour making these brownies gluten-free. For an even more almond-filled dessert, try swapping out half of the chocolate chips for sliced or slivered almonds.
Avocado & Almond Butter Brownies
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips, divided
1) In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, cream together 1 large avocado, ⅔ cup light brown sugar, 3 tbsp almond butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup cacao powder, 1 cup almond flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and ½ kosher salt.
3) Using paddle attachment, mix dry ingredients into wet until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in ⅓ cup chocolate chips.
4) Pour the brownie batter into a parchment lined and greased Suvie pan. Top with remaining ⅓ cup chocolate chips and lightly press chips into batter. Load pan into the top zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: None
Top Zone: Bake at 400°F for 1 hour
5) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Let the brownies cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 308, Total Fat 18.7g, Total Carbohydrates 23.9g, Total Sodium 157.8mg, Total Protein 8.1g