Sweet, spicy, rich, and meaty, bacon jam is a versatile condiment for any meal. Spread on toast, mixed into pasta, or thinned and drizzled on rice, bacon jam can add multilayered flavor to a variety of dishes. We start the bacon on the stovetop to render the fat before transferring it to the Suvie with vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- 1 lb bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1) Transfer bacon and onions to a large skillet. Heat over medium high and cook bacon until rendered and crisp, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Pour off and discard oil and transfer bacon and onion to a Suvie pan.
2) Stir cider vinegar, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes into the bacon mixture. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 4 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and transfer bacon to a food processor and puree for 30 seconds until cohesive, but still slightly chunky.
Bacon jam can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutritional Information per 1 tbsp (16 servings per recipe): Calories 170, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 4g, Total Sodium 620mg, Total Protein 10g