Liven up lean chicken breasts with a blanket of sweet and smoky bacon. Topping the chicken breasts with bacon infuses them with flavor and adds a crisp finish once broiled. We create a sweet and smoky sauce for our sandwiches by combining brown sugar, smoked paprika and mayo to double down on the sweet and smoky flavors of the bacon.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Sandwiches
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 bibb lettuce leaves
1) Pat chicken dry and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Cut bacon in half and layer on top of chicken without overlapping.
2) Transfer chicken to a Suvie pan and insert into the top zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) While the chicken cooks, stir brown sugar, smoked paprika, and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
4) Once the chicken is done cooking, pour off any liquid from the pan. Broil for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until bacon is browned.
Pour off any residual liquid after broiling.
5) Spread sweet and smoky mayo between hamburger buns and top each with lettuce leaves and a chicken breast.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- To make this recipe in the oven, arrange a rack in the top of the oven and heat to 425°F. Pat chicken dry and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Cut bacon in half and layer on top of chicken without overlapping. Arrange chicken breasts on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until chicken registers 150°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Turn oven to broil and broil until bacon is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar, smoked paprika, and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Spread sweet and smoky mayo between hamburger buns and top each with lettuce leaves and a chicken breast.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 940mg, Total Protein 53g