This family friendly recipe comes together in under 30 minutes thanks to a couple of hacks that keep meal prep manageable. First, we use precooked chicken breast, either leftover chicken or store-bought. The second hack is to substitute French bread for pizza dough. The French bread hack is definitely a time saver, but also makes for a more manageable and individual serving. Even though we’ve cut some corners in favor of time, that certainly doesn’t mean we’ve sacrificed flavor. The French bread is coated in garlic and butter then par-toasted for optimum crispness. We sprinkle these pizzas with a combination of shredded cheddar and blue cheese crumbles for a more gourmet approach to the personal pizza.
Baked Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizzas
- 1 loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
1) Divide French bread halves, face-up, between 2 Suvie pans. Spread loaves with ¼ cup softened butter and sprinkle with 2 minced garlic cloves. Lightly season each half with a pinch of black pepper. Place the pans into your Suvie and broil for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2) Place 2 cups of diced cooked chicken in a medium bowl, add ¼ cup buffalo sauce, and toss to coat.
3) Divide chicken between the 2 toasted French bread halves and top with 1 cup cheddar, ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, and 2 tbsp chopped scallions (reserving the remaining scallions for garnish). Return the pans to your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
4) After the 10 minute mark, check the status of your French bread pizzas to see if the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown. If you like your pizzas extra crispy, add another 5 minutes to the cook time. After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie, and slice the French breads into individual pieces. Divide between 2 plates and garnish with the remaining scallions before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 675, Total Fat 36g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 1211mg, Total Protein 47g.