Sweet and tangy blueberry preserves are sandwiched between a layer of crumbly, soft shortbread and crisp almond topping in our recipe for Blueberry Streusel Bars. A mixture of almonds and oats gives the topping a crumbly texture that was welcome alongside the tender bars. Although these bars are made with blueberry preserves, you can substitute strawberry or raspberry jam if you prefer.
Blueberry Streusel Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 16 tbsp (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 ½ cups blueberry preserves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
1) In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together 2 cups all purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, and ½ tsp salt until combined, about 10 pulses. Scatter 16 tbsp chilled unsalted butter on top of the flour and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand, about 10 more pulses.
2) Line a Suvie pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Transfer 1 cup of mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Transfer remaining mixture to the prepared Suvie pan, pressing mixture flat into an even layer.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups blueberry preserves and 1 tsp lemon juice until well combined. Spread blueberry mixture over the prepared crust.
4) To make the topping, add ⅓ cup oats, ½ cup almonds, and ¼ cup brown sugar to the bowl with the reserved 1 cup of crust. Stirring to combine. Work remaining 2 tbsp butter into the topping mixture until small clumps form.
5) Spread streusel topping evenly over blueberry filling. Insert pan into the bottom of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 0 minutes
6) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, lift bars out of pan with foil sling. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 360, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Total Sodium 100mg, Total Protein 3g.