Our Ham and Cheese Breakfast Roll recipe was so popular, we decided to create a variation on the beloved original recipe. Chopped breakfast sausage and monterey jack cheese fill these delicious rolls. We finish them off with a sweet, savory, and herby blend of hot sauce, maple syrup, and fennel seeds to echo the flavor of the breakfast sausage. Use store bought pizza dough or make your own by following one of our two recipes: classic or quick.
Breakfast Sausage & Cheese Morning Rolls
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked breakfast sausage, chopped
- 5 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 lb pizza dough into a 9″ x 14″ rectangle.
2) Brush dough with 1 tbsp melted butter. Spread 1 cup cooked breakfast sausage and 5 oz shredded monterey jack cheese evenly over the pizza dough.
3) Starting with the long side of the dough, gently roll the dough to the opposite edge, ensuring the filling stays in place. Pinch ends and edge to seal. With a serrated knife, slice the log into 8 individual rolls and place them in the prepared pan. Cover pan with greased foil. Load the pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) While the rolls bake, stir together 2 tsp hot sauce, ½ tsp fennel seeds, and 1 tsp maple syrup in a small bowl. Set aside.
5) After the rolls have baked, remove pan from Suvie and remove foil. Return pan to Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from Suvie, brush the top of the rolls with the hot sauce mixture and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 650, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 82g, Total Sodium 1250mg, Total Protein 28g.