Buffalo mac and cheese is packed with an array of textures and flavors: creamy melted cheese, crisp panko breadcrumbs, tangy hot sauce, and tender chicken breast. We cook the macaroni, chicken, and cheese sauce separately before stirring together and broiling to a gooey, cheesy finish.
Buffalo Mac and Cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 oz chicken, vacuum sealed
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
1) Stir together garlic powder, mustard powder, whole milk, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie.
2) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into top right zone of your Suvie. Place macaroni in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Protein: 155°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 12 minutes
3) While the chicken cooks, whisk together hot sauce and butter in a medium bowl.
4) After the cook, whisk cheese sauce to reincorporate and transfer to a large bowl with the macaroni.
5) Remove chicken from packaging and chop into bite-sized pieces. Transfer chicken to bowl with the hot sauce, stirring to coat. Transfer chicken to bowl with macaroni, stirring to incorporate.
6) Transfer macaroni and cheese to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheddar, ¼ cup mozzarella, and panko on top.
Insert into your Suvie and broil for 8 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 1510mg, Total Protein 41g