This simple soup is delightfully delicious and perfect for a little snapshot of summer, regardless of the time of year. Corn, garlic, onion, and buttermilk are slow cooked just long enough to meld the flavors, before being blended into a thick and creamy soup. Colorful cherry tomatoes and sweet corn kernels are drizzled with olive oil and broiled until nicely charred. A light sprinkling of chopped fresh basil adds a pop of color as well as fresh verdant flavor.
Buttermilk Corn Soup with Charred Tomatoes
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed, plus ¼ cup reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup tri-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1) Divide corn, garlic, onion, bouillon, and buttermilk between 2 Suvie pans. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
2) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie. Transfer the contents of both Suvie pans to a bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Wipe one of your Suvie pans clean with a towel. Place tomatoes and reserved ¼ cup of corn in the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Insert the pan into your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes and corn are lightly charred. Remove the pan from your Suvie and season vegetables with salt and pepper.
4) Divide soup between 4 bowls and top with charred corn and tomatoes. Garnish with basil before serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 212, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 465mg, Total Protein 9g.