This delicious and nutrient-packed recipe is brimming with a variety of textures and flavors to keep things interesting. Rich salmon, hearty cauliflower, fluffy quinoa, and tangy red cabbage unite under a thick blanket of spicy miso tahini dressing. We think this sauce goes well with just about anything, so feel free to swap in another grain or vegetable to customize the bowl to your liking. You can make the sauce a day in advance and store it in the fridge to cut down on prep time. You may also want to consider making a double batch to drizzle over salads or grilled vegetables, because it is as versatile as it is tasty!
Cauliflower Salmon Bowls with Red Cabbage Slaw
- 2 (8 oz) wild salmon filets, vacuum sealed
- 8 oz cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, plus 2 tbsp separated
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
1) Place salmon in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place cauliflower florets in a second Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie.
2) Place quinoa in a starch pan and insert into the bottom right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 120°F for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 12 minutes
3) While the salmon cooks, whisk together tahini, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, miso paste, soy sauce, sriracha, and 1 tbsp warm water in a medium bowl; set aside.
4) In a medium bowl, stir together sliced red cabbage, remaining 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Stir occasionally until cabbage has softened.
5) After the cook remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Fluff quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide quinoa, cabbage, salmon, and cauliflower between 2 bowls, drizzling dressing over each component. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 600, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 58g, Total Sodium 1060mg, Total Protein 41g