We reworked our Green Chile Egg recipe to bring you Cheesy Bacon Eggs, which are perfect for tucking into an english muffin or warm tortilla. Thanks to some flour and baking powder, these eggs cook up fluffy and light: perfect for studding with crisp pieces of bacon. Add some melty monterey jack cheese to tie it all together and garnish with some freshly chopped scallions for a filling and flavorful start to your day.
Cheesy Bacon Eggs
- 4 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 tortillas or english muffins
- 2 scallions, chopped
1) Place bacon in a Suvie pan, insert into the top of your Suvie, and broil for 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and rendered, stirring halfway through (you may want to broil for an additional 10 minutes if you want your bacon extra crispy).
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sour cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in the shredded cheese and broiled bacon.
4) Spray the empty Suvie pan with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie.Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 1 hour
Starch: 0 minutes
5) Just before serving, toast the english muffins if using or warm the tortillas. Remove eggs from your Suvie, cut into pieces, and divide between plates. Garnish eggs with scallions and serve with english muffins or tortillas.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 450, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 860mg, Total Protein 26g