These rich and creamy pumpkin grits are the perfect fall side dish. Whether you serve them with roast vegetables or braised meat, they are the ideal canvas for a variety of foods. The subtle sweetness of the pumpkin is a nice complement to the salty parmesan and creamy mozzarella cheese. If you want to really hone in on the fall flavors, a teaspoon of minced fresh sage would make a great addition.
Cheesy Pumpkin Grits
- 1 cup coarsely ground cornmeal, grits, or polenta
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz grated parmesan cheese
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 1 cup cornmeal, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 5 cups water, 1 tsp salt, and ½ ground black pepper (the pan will be very full, we recommend inserting the pan halfway into Suvie and then adding the water to avoid spilling). Insert pan into bottom of Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours
Top Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours
2) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and whisk in butter until melted. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and 2 oz parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide between bowls, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 710mg, Total Protein 12g.