Our cheesy spinach breakfast bake is not only delicious, but also packed with greens and protein for a healthy and filling start to your day. An ample amount of cheese provides richness, the spinach adds verdant earthiness, and the sour cream brings a touch of tanginess. Be sure to wring the spinach out as best you can to keep the eggs from getting too soggy.
Cheesy Spinach Breakfast Bake
- 10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk, any percentage
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 oz shredded colby jack cheese
1) Place spinach in the middle of a clean kitchen towel, gather the ends of the kitchen towel together, and twist over the sink to wring out the water. Alternatively, place spinach in a fine mesh colander and press down with the back of a ladle or your hands to expel as much water as possible.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sour cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in the shredded cheese and spinach.
4) Spray the empty Suvie pan with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
5) Remove eggs from Suvie, cut into squares and serve with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 310, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 550mg, Total Protein 19g
Have you tried preparing this at night and using delayed start the next morning? Did you get good results if you did?
Hi Chuck, yes, we definitely recommend scheduling this meal in advance so that you can wake up to a fully cooked breakfast in the morning. All you have to do is add toast or an English muffin and you’re good to go!