This French classic composed of sweet cherries and creamy custard is a dessert dream. While pitting the cherries involves a little prep work, the rest of this recipe comes together in no time at all. Switch it up and serve this beauty for an elegant and simple weekend brunch with fresh mint and champagne!
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups pitted cherries, halved
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, ⅔ cups whole milk, 3 tbsp melted butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp lemon zest, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, and ½ cup all purpose flour. Add cherries to Suvie pan.
2) Pour batter over cherries. Load pans into Suvie, input settings, and schedule or cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie, lightly dust clafoutis with confectioners sugar, and divide between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 135, Total Fat 2.7g, Total Carbohydrates 22.3g, Total Sodium 88.6mg, Total Protein 4.3g