Treat yourself and your family to a hearty bowl of chicken and mushroom rigatoni, a tasty dinner option well suited for busy weekdays or casual weekends. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are roasted with quartered cremini mushrooms, seasoned with oodles of fresh, minced garlic. While the mushrooms and chicken roast, the marinara sauce is simultaneously simmered with tangy sun-dried tomatoes. To finish, dollops of cream cheese are whisked into the marinara sauce, creating a satisfyingly creamy finish.
Chicken and Mushroom Rigatoni with Blush Sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 8 oz each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 oz rigatoni
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
1) Pat 2 chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place in a Suvie pan. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, season with 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and ½ tsp salt. Nestle 1 ½ cups of mushrooms around the chicken and sprinkle with 4 minced garlic cloves.
2) Place 2 cups marinara and ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in another Suvie pan, and stir to combine. Place pans in your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
3) Place 12 oz rigatoni in the Suvie strainer insert, place strainer insert into the Suvie pasta pot (green handles), and cover with lid. Place pasta pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker on the hot plate, close the door, ensure drain tray is in place.Input settings and hit “cook”.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings:
Pasta, 15 minutes
4) After roasting, remove the pan with marinara sauce from your Suvie and transfer marinara to a large bowl. Broil the chicken and mushrooms for 7 minutes or until browned.
5) While the chicken and mushrooms are broiling, add 2 tbsp cream cheese to the marinara, and whisk until blended.
6) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board. Set chicken aside to rest for 2 minutes before dicing into bite-sized pieces. Add mushrooms, diced chicken, and pan-drippings to the bowl with the blush sauce, and stir to combine.
7) Once the rigatoni has cooked, remove the strainer insert, and thoroughly drain. Add the pasta to the bowl and stir to combine.
8) Divide pasta between 4 plates or bowls and top with 2 tbsp parsley and 2 tbsp grated parmesan before serving.