This easy chicken florentine recipe is made with a simple pan sauce of aromatics, cream, spinach, and a touch of lemon juice and a healthy shower of Parmesan. We sous vide the chicken to ensure perfectly cooked, juicy meat without any risk of overcooking. A bed of peppery spaghetti is the ideal complement to the rich sauce. You can double this recipe to serve 4 people – follow the instructions as written.
Chicken Florentine with Peppery Spaghetti
- 2 (6 oz) chicken breasts
- 4 oz spaghetti
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp chicken broth or water
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper and vacuum seal. Place chicken breasts in a Suvie pan, cover entirely with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155° for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
2) Break 6 oz spaghetti in half and add to the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles) with 1 tbsp kosher salt. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker
Pasta, 4 cups 10 minutes
3) About 10 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add 1 shallot and 1 garlic clove, stirring until softened, about 2 minutes.
4) Add 2 tbsp chicken broth and ⅓ cup heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted and incorporated into the sauce, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp lemon juice and 2 oz Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
5) Remove spaghetti from the Suvie Starch Cooker and divide between plates. Season spaghetti with ¼ tsp pepper. Remove chicken from Suvie and remove from packaging. Place chicken breasts on top of the spaghetti. Pour sauce over each breast and serve, topping with extra Parmesan as desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories , Total Fat g, Total Carbohydrates g, Total Sodium mg, Total Protein g.