Chicken tikka masala is one of the most popular dishes in the world and is beloved for its rich and flavorful sauce that encapsulates pieces of perfectly cooked chicken. Believed to have been developed in the United Kingdom by a Bangladeshi chef, chicken tikka masala is highly flavorful and easy to prepare. A long, low slow cook ensures the chicken remains juicy.
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together ½ cup chopped onion, 1 serrano chile, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp garam masala, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Place pan in bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2) Remove pan from Suvie and stir in 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 tsp salt. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper and nestle into the sauce. Return pan to Suvie. Input settings below and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours
Top Zone: None
3) Place 1 cup basmati rice in a Suvie rice pot and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker. Input settings for long grain rice and schedule or cook now.
4) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cut chicken into pieces. Stir ¼ cup heavy cream into the tomato mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir chicken back into the sauce.
5) Fluff rice and divide between plates. Top rice with chicken tikka masala and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 450, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 47g, Total Sodium 250mg, Total Protein 31g.