This simple homemade chickpea pizza is loaded with vibrant green veggies, fresh mozzarella, and pesto. The gluten-free chickpea pizza is a simple batter of chickpea flour and broth, whisked together and allowed to sit briefly, so the bean-based flour can absorb the liquid. The batter is poured into a preheated pan and broiled until crisp and golden. The veggies (zucchini, asparagus, and broccoli florets), mozzarella, and sauce top the pizza and bake until melty with gooey goodness.
Chickpea Pizza with Green Vegetables and Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups chickpea flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli or broccolini florets
- 1 cup ciliegine or mini mozzarella balls
1) Place 1 ½ cups chickpea flour and 1 ½ cups broth in a large bowl, whisking to combine the batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
2) Divide 2 tbsp of olive oil between 2 Suvie pans. Place the pans in the top and bottom zones of your Suvie, and broil at 500°F for 10 minutes.
3) Carefully remove the pans from your Suvie. Divide batter between the two pans (be careful, there will be a bit of sizzle) and return to your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Broil at 500°F for 15-20 minutes
Top Zone: Broil at 500°F for 15-20 minutes
4) Once the chickpea pizza crusts are golden and slightly crisp around the edges, remove the pans from your Suvie. Top the pizza crusts with ¼ cup pesto sauce, 1 small sliced zucchini, ½ bunch asparagus spears, 1 cup broccoli florets, and 1 cup mozzarella. Return the pans to your Suvie and bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and veggies are tender-crisp. Sprinkle pizzas with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie. Using a large, flat, spatula, remove the pizzas from the pans. Divide pizzas between plates or serve sliced on a large platter.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 629, Total Fat 36g, Total Carbohydrates 50g, Total Sodium 914mg, Total Protein 30g.