These sweet and spicy tacos are filled with tender shrimp, juicy pineapple, and creamy avocado. Shrimp are delicate and prone to overcooking, but sous viding the shrimp ensures they are plump and cooked to the perfect temperature. Broiling the pineapple brings out its natural sweetness and gives it a welcome char when mixed in our simple salsa of tangy lime juice, red onion, and cilantro leaves.
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple
- 8 oz shrimp, vacuum-sealed
- 1 cup pineapple cubes
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 (6″) corn tortillas
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) While the shrimp cooks, arrange pineapple in an even layer in a Suvie pan and set aside.
Stir red onion and lime juice together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) After the shrimp has finished cooking, remove pan from Suvie and shrimp from packaging.
Pat shrimp dry, sprinkle with chili powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Place shrimp in a clean, dry Suvie pan. Place shrimp and pineapple in the top zones of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes until pineapple is dried and shrimp is pink.
4) Once the pineapple has finished broiling, transfer to a bowl with the red onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Divide shrimp, pineapple, avocado, and cilantro leaves between tortillas and serve.
Alternative Cooking Directions:
- To make these tacos on the stove, arrange an oven rack 3 inches below the broiler. Arrange pineapple on a sheet pan. Broil pineapple until browned and charred in spots.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from heat and sprinkle with chipotle pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together pineapple, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Divide shrimp, avocado, and pineapple salsa between tortillas and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Total Sodium 1060mg, Total Protein 31g