This creamy, rich cheesecake is a chocolate lover’s dream. A blend of milk and dark chocolate provides deep chocolate flavor that compliments the tang of the cream cheese. We double down on the chocolate in the crust, which is made with dark chocolate filled Oreo cookies. A shower of chocolate shavings (use a potato peeler to shave the sides of a chocolate bar) finishes off this decadent dessert.
- 20 chocolate-filled Oreo cookies
- 1 tbsp sugar, plus ½ cup, separated
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings, to serve, optional
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with aluminum foil so that the long edge of the foil extends over the edge of the pan. Spray foil.
2) Break Oreos in half. In the bowl of a food processor, combine Oreos, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1 pinch of kosher salt. Process until sandy and coarse, about 1 minute. With motor running, stream in 4 tbsp melted butter and process until combined, about 30 seconds.
3) Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, watching closely to avoid burning.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) In a medium, microwave safe bowl, combine 3 oz dark chocolate, 3 oz milk chocolate, and ⅓ cup heavy cream. Microwave on 50% power for 1-2 minutes until melted, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
5) In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together ½ cup sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Add 1 lb softened cream cheese and mix on low to combine, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
6) Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the melted chocolate mixture. Mix on low to combine, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium, and add the eggs one at a time until incorporated, about 1 minute more, followed by the vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and then pour over the cooled crust. Transfer to the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours
7) Remove cheesecake from Suvie and let cool 1 hour at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to cool completely, 6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove cheesecake with foil sling, cut into squares, sprinkle with chocolate shavings, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (15 servings per recipe): Calories 320, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 210mg, Total Protein 5g.