Crunchy, chunky granola packed with an array of textures and flavors is tough to resist. This recipe combines some of our favorite granola ingredients including oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and shredded coconut. For extra coconut flavor we call on coconut oil, but regular vegetable oil will also work. Be sure to break up the granola while it’s still warm; if left to cool for too long, the granola will stick to the pan.
Cinnamon Coconut Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Divide 3 cups old fashioned oats between 2 Suvie pans. Place pans in Suvie and broil for 12 minutes, or until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
2) Meanwhile, place ½ cup dark brown sugar and ¼ cup honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until brown sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ¼ cup coconut oil, ¼ tsp salt, and 1 tbsp vanilla.
3) In a large bowl, stir together toasted oats, ½ cup almonds, ½ cup pumpkin seeds, and ½ cup shredded coconut. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over the oats and then stir to combine.
4) Spray 2 Suvie pans liberally with cooking spray. Divide oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared pans, pressing down firmly with a greased spatula into an even layer. Return pans to Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 1 hour (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 1 hour)
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 1 hour for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 1 hour)
5) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Allow granola to cool no longer than 5-10 minutes. Use a spatula to lift granola away from the sides and bottom of the pan, and then use your hands to crumble the granola into pieces. Granola will keep for a week in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information per serving (10 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 36g, Total Sodium 65mg, Total Protein 5g.