Take your breakfast on the go with these delicious cinnamon French toast bites. Cooking the French toast in the Suvie egg tray yields a rich, custardy filling. The bites are then broiled to add a crunchy top. We doubled down on the cinnamon flavor by using cinnamon raisin bread for this recipe.
Cinnamon French Toast Bites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tsp demerara or turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup, to serve
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 large egg, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ⅓ cup milk, ¼ tsp cinnamon, 1 pinch nutmeg, and 1 pinch kosher salt until smooth.
2) Divide 3 slices cubed bread between the 4 sections of the Suvie egg tray set in a Suvie pan. Pour egg mixture over the bread.
3) Insert pan halfway into the bottom zone of Suvie and fill the pan with water until it reaches the top of the egg tray (this method helps to avoid spilling). Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High for 2 hours
4) After the French toast bites are cooked, remove pan from Suvie. Run a knife along the edge of the egg tray and gently remove French toast bites. Place in a clean, dry Suvie pan.
5) Sprinkle remaining ¼ tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp demerara over the French toast bites and place pan in top zone of Suvie. Broil for 6 minutes, or until fragrant and browned, watching closely to avoid over-browning.
6) Divide between plates, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 210, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Total Sodium 260mg, Total Protein 4g.