Tangy citrus-glazed chicken is the perfect weeknight meal. This dish is packed with flavor, but only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are coated in a delicious cumin-coriander rub and then roasted until juicy and tender. A simple vinaigrette of lemon, orange, olive oil, and shallot is a little sweet, a little sour, a little savory, and the perfect complement for the chicken.
Citrus Glazed Chicken with Cilantro Rice
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ tsp orange zest, plus 1 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest, plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1) Pat 4 chicken breasts dry. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ½ ground black pepper. Rub mixture all over chicken breasts. Place chicken in a Suvie pan, and drizzle 2 tsp olive oil over the chicken. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast 375°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Medium Grain, 1 cup
3) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, 1 small minced shallot, ½ tsp orange zest, 1 tbsp orange juice, ½ tsp lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt until smooth. Set aside.
4) After the chicken has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro. Divide rice between plates. Cut chicken on the bias into ½ inch pieces and arrange over rice. Spoon reserved dressing over the chicken and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 39g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 35g.
This recipe was amazing! I used slightly larger chicken breasts so I increased the cooking time by 17 minutes and got every piece perfectly cooked. I shoukd also note I live at around 6500ft. My wife, my son, and I absolutely loved the glaze and the rice was perfect with the cilantro. Definitely our favorite recipe so far!