Get the milk out of the fridge, because you’re going to want to pour yourself a glass for these ultra-fudgy, chocolate brownies! Packed with both chopped chocolate and cocoa powder, these brownies are loaded with chocolatey flavor. A touch of espresso powder amplifies the flavor of these decadently delicious bars. We recommend sourcing high-quality dark chocolate bars from the candy aisle of the grocery store instead of chocolate sold specifically for baking. Note: You can easily double this recipe and divide the batter between two pans if desired.
Classic Fudgy Brownies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 oz high-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1) In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks unsalted butter over medium-low heat (if desired, brown butter for even more flavor). Remove from heat and whisk in 4 oz finely chopped dark chocolate and 1 tsp instant espresso powder.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, 3 tbsp light brown sugar, ¾ tsp kosher salt, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, and 2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly whisk in melted butter mixture until well combined.
3) Sift ⅔ cup all purpose flour and ¾ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture. Stir with a spatula until combined. Pour batter into a Suvie pan lined with parchment and lightly spritzed with cooking spray. Cover pan with foil and insert into bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 40 min (Suvie 2.0, Bake at 400°F for 40 min)
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from Suvie. Remove foil from brownies, return pan to Suvie, and continue to Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes more.
5) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and allow brownies to cool completely; the brownies will appear cakey and puffed immediately out of Suvie, but will become dense and fudgy with a crackly top once cooled. Remove brownies from pan with parchment sling, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 42g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 4g.