This tropical dish is bursting with flavor. We coat rich salmon filets in a savory-sweet crust of coconut and panko. To go with our delicious fish we toss together broccoli slaw with a hearty squeeze of lime, a drizzle of sesame oil, and a touch of mayo for a flavor-packed side dish that’s ready in minutes. Note: you can double this recipe by dividing the salmon filets between two pans.
Coconut Crusted Salmon Fillets with Broccoli Slaw
- 2 (6 oz) salmon filets
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp mayo, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- ½ tsp sugar
- 8 oz broccoli slaw
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
1) Pat salmon filets dry and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut, 2 tbsp panko, 2 tbsp mayo, and ½ tsp sugar.
2) Place salmon in a greased roasting rack set inside a Suvie pan. Spread coconut mixture over salmon filets and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) While the salmon roasts, zest lime into a medium bowl. Whisk remaining 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp sesame oil, ¼ tsp salt, and juice from half a lime into the zest. Add broccoli slaw and stir to coat. Set aside.
4) After the cook, divide salmon and slaw between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 600, Total Fat 45g, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Total Sodium 830mg, Total Protein 38g.