These unique cookie bars pack a tropical punch thanks to the combination of sweet coconut and tangy lime. Toasting the coconut gives it a nutty aroma that adds an additional layer of flavor to the bars. This recipe can easily be doubled and split between two pans if desired.
Coconut Lime Cookie Bars
- 7 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
1) Divide 7 oz shredded coconut between 2 Suvie pans. Place pans in Suvie and set to broil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until pale golden. Remove from Suvie and let cool.
2) Combine 1 stick melted butter, ⅔ cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, and zest from 1 lime in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Whisk in 1 egg until smooth.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, and ¼ tsp salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture with a rubber spatula, stirring gently until incorporated. Gently fold in cooled coconut.
4) Line a Suvie pan with parchment and spray lightly with cooking spray. Transfer dough to prepared pan, pressing dough into an even layer. Place pan in bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) Remove pan from Suvie and allow bars to cool completely in the pan. Lift bars out using the parchment sling and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 370, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 150mg, Total Protein 3g.