This light and refreshing soup is filled with flavor. We poach tender shrimp in a blend of coconut milk and coconut water for tropical flavor in every bite. We infuse the broth with an aromatic blend of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and fish sauce. We finish the soup with a sprinkle of thinly sliced Thai chiles and an ample squeeze of lime juice.
Coconut Shrimp Soup
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece lemongrass, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
1) In a Suvie pan combine shrimp, coconut milk, coconut water, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and fish sauce. Insert pan into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove pan from your Suvie. Remove and discard lemongrass and divide mixture between two large bowls. Season soup to taste with additional fish sauce. Garnish with serrano pepper and a squeeze of lime.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 380, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Total Sodium 1030mg, Total Protein 33g