We were inspired by Chris Morocco’s recipe for Snickerdoodle Party Cookies when developing this recipe. The combination of crunchy cornflakes, sweet toffee, and spicy cardamom is an intoxicating mixture. We use a blend of vanilla and browned butter for a deep roasty flavor.
Cornflake Cookie Toffee Bars
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- ¾ cup toffee pieces
1) In a small skillet, brown 4 tbsp unsalted butter. Transfer butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp cardamom, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
3) Add ½ cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp granulated sugar to the butter. Mix on low to incorporate, then increase the speed to medium, and beat until combined, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl often. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until light and smooth, about 1 minute more, scraping down the bowl as needed.
4) Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Transfer the dough to a greased, and parchment lined Suvie pan, pressing into an even layer. Sprinkle ¾ cup crushed cornflakes and ¾ cup toffee pieces over the top, pressing firmly to adhere. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes)
Top Zone: None
5) After baking, remove the pan from Suvie and allow the bars to cool completely in the pan. Remove the bars, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 310, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 260mg, Total Protein 3g.