Sweet apples and tart cranberries are the perfect combination for a classic crumble. A buttery, crunchy vanilla-scented topping adorns this knockout dessert. When shopping for apples we recommend baking apples such as granny smith, honey crisp, golden delicious, and jonagolds, or a mixture of the bunch.
Cranberry Apple Crumble
- 1 lb apples, peeled and cubed
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
1) In a large bowl, stir together 1 lb apples and 8 oz cranberries. In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ tsp cornstarch, ⅔ cup sugar, 1 pinch salt, ½ tsp cinnamon, and ¼ tsp nutmeg. Sprinkle sugar mixture over the apples and cranberries, stirring to combine.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 cup flour, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ cup brown sugar. Pulse a couple times to combine. Drizzle 2 tsp vanilla and scatter 8 tbsp butter over the flour mixture. Process for 30 seconds or until the mixture clumps together. Add the almonds and pulse a few times to incorporate.
3) Transfer apples to a greased Suvie pan and drop clumps of the topping over the apples and cranberries. Transfer to the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 325°F for 55 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 41g, Total Sodium 100mg, Total Protein 1g.