This creamed corn recipe makes for a decadently rich and eye-catching side dish to complement any juicy and fiery meat from the grill. Top it all off with green onions for some freshness and color along with chili powder to bring just a little heat. Feel free to adjust the thickness of the sauce by adding or removing a tablespoon or two of cream cheese prior to cooking.
- 2 (15 oz) cans whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz room temperature full-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp chili powder
1) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a spatula until fully incorporated.
2) Pour into Suvie pan and insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and stir to reincorporate. To serve, divide corn between bowls and top with scallions and chili powder.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 163, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 9g, Total Sodium 398mg, Total Protein 3g