Tender pasta, hearty greens, and juicy chicken are combined with a rich, creamy sauce in this family friendly recipe. It’s tough to say no to vegetables when there are plump, cheese tortellini in the mix. Look for shelf stable tortellini alongside other dried pastas in the grocery store. If any of the tortellini stick to the edges of the starch pan, simply run them under warm water once the cook has finished to free them.
Creamy Chicken Tortellini
- 2 (7 oz) chicken breasts, vacuum sealed
- 4 oz shelf stable tortellini
- 3 packed cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup frozen peas
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place tortellini in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Stir together baby spinach, sour cream, chicken broth, and frozen peas in a second Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suve. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 14 minutes
2) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Stir tortellini and spinach mixture together in a large bowl, covering to keep warm.
3) Remove chicken from packaging and shred into small pieces.
Add chicken to bowl with the tortellini. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 790mg, Total Protein 55g