Looking for a simple and elegant appetizer? This hands off creamy crab dip is slow cooked in Suvie, allowing you to tackle other dinner tasks. Tangy cream cheese, spicy Old Bay, and creamy mayo are the ideal counterpoint to the sweet crabmeat. Serve with crackers, crostini, or crudites.
Creamy Crab Dip
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives or scallion greens
1) In a large bowl, stir together 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder, ¼ cup sliced scallions, 8 oz cream cheese, and ¼ cup mayonnaise until smooth.
2) Pat crab meat dry with paper towels and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Transfer to a greased Suvie pan, input settings and cook now or schedule.
Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour
3) Remove crab dip from Suvie. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp chives and serve with crackers, crostini, or crudites.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 270, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 500mg, Total Protein 17g.