This stew is packed with comforting flavors and textures: perfectly cooked shredded chicken, plump cheese tortellini, and a creamy tomato broth. In this recipe we use fire roasted tomatoes, which have deeper, more complex flavor than diced tomatoes. After simmering the tomatoes we puree them until smooth and then stir in a touch of cream to balance out the acidity. We stir in the chicken and tortellini at the end and garnish with a shower of fresh parsley for a delicious and easy dinner.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Chicken
- 2 (7 oz) vacuum sealed chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz dried cheese tortellini (not refrigerated)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Place tomatoes in a separate Suvie pan and insert into the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
3) Place tortellini in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Setting
Pasta, 10 minutes
4) After the cook, transfer the tomatoes with the cream and 2 tbsp hot water to a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Remove chicken from packaging and shred into pieces. In a large bowl, stir together the tortellini, tomato sauce, and chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and garnish with parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 53g, Total Sodium 1640mg, Total Protein 51g