This stew is packed with comforting flavors and textures: perfectly cooked shredded chicken, plump cheese tortellini, and a creamy tomato broth. In this recipe we use fire roasted tomatoes, which have deeper, more complex flavor than diced tomatoes. After simmering the tomatoes we puree them until smooth and then stir in a touch of cream to balance out the acidity. We stir in the chicken and tortellini at the end and garnish with a shower of fresh parsley for a delicious and easy dinner.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Chicken
- 2 (7 oz) vacuum sealed chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz dried cheese tortellini (not refrigerated)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place tomatoes in a separate Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Place tortellini in a starch pan. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein : 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 14 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer the tomatoes with the cream and 2 tbsp hot water to a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Remove chicken from packaging and shred into pieces. In a large bowl, stir together the tortellini, tomato sauce, and chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and garnish with parsley.
To make this meal on the stovetop, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the tortellini and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until an instant-thermometer reads 160°F. Process cream, fire roasted tomatoes, and 2 tbsp water in a food processor and then transfer to a small saucepan. Heat tomatoes over medium heat until steaming. Drain pasta and shred chicken, and then add both to the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide between bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 53g, Total Sodium 1640mg, Total Protein 51g