Premade meatballs may not be the standard filling for lasagna, but they are an ideal ingredient when you’re looking to save on prep time because they are pre seasoned and ready to use. We utilize our own Italian meatballs in this recipe and combine them with marinara, ricotta cheese, and no-cook lasagna sheets for that classic lasagna taste. You can easily swap in any type of meatball to change the vibe. Check the frozen section of your grocery store for an array of meatballs. Lighten the lasagna with turkey meatballs, go vegetarian with meatless meatballs, or try our wildcard pick: Swedish meatballs.
Easy Meatball Lasagna
- 6 large Italian meatballs (about 9 oz total)
- 1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella or fontina cheese, plus 2 oz, separated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4-6 no cook lasagna sheets
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
1) In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella, egg, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
2) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Spread ½ cup marinara sauce over the bottom of prepared pan. Arrange one layer of lasagna noodles over the marinara followed by ½ cup ricotta mixture. Crumble half the meatballs over the ricotta. Repeat the layering process so the final layer is meatballs.
3) Sprinkle remaining 2 oz mozzarella cheese over the meatball layer. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 hours
4) After the cook, allow lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices. Top with basil and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 550, Total Fat 31g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 1110mg, Total Protein 35g