This ooey gooey mac and cheese recipe is a delicious, easy meal that the whole family will love. We sous vide the broccoli so that it retains some crispness and sweetness, which pairs perfectly with tender penne and cheesy monterey jack. The red pepper flakes provide a little heat for those that want it and they can be sprinkled on at the end if you don’t want to incorporate them into the entire dish. No matter how you serve it, this mac and cheese is sure to please.
Family Friendly: Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- 12 oz monterey jack or fontina cheese. shredded
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 10 oz broccoli florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 8 oz penne pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated, optional
1) Stir together monterey jack cheese and evaporated milk in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top left zone of your Suvie.
2) Place broccoli, olive oil, red pepper flakes, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a vacuum bag and seal. Place broccoli in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
3) Place penne in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
4) Remove pans from your Suvie. Whisk cheese sauce to reincorporate (whisk in up to ½ cup hot water, if cheese sauce is too thick). Remove broccoli from vacuum bag and roughly chop. Transfer broccoli, penne, and cheese sauce to a large bowl, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 450, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 38g, Total Sodium 620mg, Total Protein 22g