One of our favorite childhood dishes is now in easy pasta bake form. We combine chicken, broccoli and pasta with fragrant and herbaceous pesto to form a well-balanced and kid-friendly dinner. Finish this simple dish by broiling with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and you have the melty, cheesy and pesto-y dish you’ve been waiting for. You can even use ingredients from your protein box or your smart meals for this dish.
Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz broccoli florets
- 10 oz pasta such as rigatoni or rotini
- ½ cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1) Season 1 lb chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then vacuum seal. Place the chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Place 10 oz broccoli in a Suvie roasting rack set within a Suvie pan. Pour 1/3 cup water into the pan. Load into the top cooking zone. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: Steam for 10 minutes
2) Place 10 oz pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
3) After the cook, remove chicken from packaging and transfer to a cutting board. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl. Drain excess water from broccoli pan and then add broccoli to the bowl with the chicken. Add pasta to the bowl along with 1/2 cup pesto. Toss until ingredients are all well coated in pesto (adding more pesto if needed).
4) Divide the pasta mixture between two clean, dry Suvie pans. Divide 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan over each pan. Return pans to Suvie and broil for 7 minutes rotating pans halfway through cooking, watching closely to avoid burning.
5) Remove pans when cheese is browned and bubbling, serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 611, Total Fat 23.3g, Total Carbohydrates 54.9g, Total Sodium 444.2mg, Total Protein 48.1g