This deliciously creamy dish gets a pop of color and a boost of flavor from sun dried tomatoes and red bell pepper. The bell peppers are used not only in the sauce but a portion are also left whole to add texture to the dish. We liked how ziti perfectly contained the sauce in each little tube, but you could also use penne or rigatoni if that’s what you have on hand. Top each serving with fresh basil and parmesan cheese for an easy, weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Creamy Tomato and Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 8 oz ziti
- 1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan, optional
- Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into top left zone of your Suvie. Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 0 minutes
Vegetable 15 minutes
Starch: 12 minutes
- After the pasta and peppers have finished cooking, transfer ¼ cup cooked red peppers, ricotta, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, and 3 tbsp warm water to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 10 times and then puree mixture for 1 minute or until smooth. Transfer ricotta mixture to a large bowl. Alternatively, finely chop ¼ cup cooked red peppers and sun dried tomatoes, and whisk together with ricotta, olive oil, and warm water in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta and remaining peppers to the bowl with the ricotta. Stir to incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Thin sauce with 2 or 3 tablespoons of warm water if desired. Divide pasta between bowls and garnish with basil and parmesan if using.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 369, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 50g, Total Sodium 175mg, Total Protein 15 g