You only need your Suvie and five ingredients to make this rich and decadent chocolate cake. As there is no chemical leavener in this recipe, whipping the eggs fully and completely is essential to achieving the ethereal texture this dessert is known for. Because this recipe uses so few ingredients, we recommend using high quality chocolate bars for this cake.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp espresso powder
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine dark chocolate and butter. Microwave on high at 50% power for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Set aside.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip eggs, sugar, and espresso powder on medium speed until foamy and light in color, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and whip until thick, about 7 minutes.
3) Gently fold egg mixture into melted chocolate, being careful not to deflate the eggs. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Insert pan into the bottom of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 1 hour (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 325°F for 1 hour)
Top Zone: None
4) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool completely before cutting into slices and serving. Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 40mg, Total Protein 5g.