This recipe for sous vide green beans makes the perfect side dish for any meal. The beans are cooked in garlic-infused olive oil, which not only flavors the beans, but also helps to cook the beans more evenly; oil transfers heat from the water bath better than air. A simple garnish of lemon zest and lemon juice add bright acidity to this delicious dish. Use this recipe as a building block for other great green bean meals by adding new combinations of herbs and spices.
Garlicky Sous Vide Green Beans
- 8 oz green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice, plus ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
1) Trim green beans and transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, ¼ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ ground black pepper to the green beans, stirring to coat. Transfer green beans to a vacuum bag and seal.
2) Place beans in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) Remove green beans from Suvie and transfer to a serving platter. Season beans with lemon juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 100, Total Fat 3.5g, Total Carbohydrates 4g, Total Sodium 590mg, Total Protein 1g